Kat Von D Makeup Tutorial
» Celebrity Makeup
» Kat Von D Makeup Tutorial
Kat Von D is a famous tattoo artist, owner of High Voltage Tattoo and a reality TV star. This glamorous tattoo artist first appeared on the TLC reality show called 'Miami Ink'. She has her own reality show called 'LA Ink'. Use Kat Von D makeup tutorial to get the sexy look for a costume party or for your daily makeup. Kat is known for her dark smoky eye makeup, well-shaped dark eyebrows, bronzed cheeks, perfectly defined lips and her tattoos. Kat has started her own range of limited edition makeup line at Sephora.
Step by step Kat Von D makeup tutorial:
- Kat Von D eyebrow makeup: Kat has dark well-shaped eyebrows with a pronounced arch. Use a scissor to cut long hair that move out from your eyebrow border. Shape your eyebrows with the help of tweezers by plucking unwanted hair. Use a dark eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder to fill your eyebrows. Choose a shade that is at least two shades darker, than your eyebrow color. Fill your eyebrows using small upward strokes and make a defined arch.
- Base makeup: Apply concealer to hide your facial flaws and skin blemishes. Apply foundation to your face with the help of a foundation brush. Make sure you evenly blend it into your skin to get a smooth finish.
- Kat Von D eye makeup: Kat is known for her sexy dark eye makeup. Steps to get the smoky eye effect using her makeup range are:
- Apply the Kat Von D high voltage eye primer over both the eyelids. It will act as a base for the smoky eye shadow and deepen the dark colors and keep them in place through the day.
- Use the Kat Von D true romance eye shadow palette and choose the dark eye shadow. Apply it to your eyelash line of your upper eyelid using an eye shadow brush, then lightly feather out the color using upward strokes to cover your upper eyelid.
- Use a small eye shadow brush to apply dark eye shadow to your lower eyelash line and smudge it with the help of a small smudge brush.
- Use an eyelash curler to curl your eyelashes and apply a thick coat of black mascara to your eyelashes.
- Bronzer: Apply bronzer to your cheeks with the help of a bronzer brush using upward movement. This will help you get the bronzed cheeks like Kat. For a subtle look, you can use a peach blush.
- Kat Von D lip makeup: Apply Kat Von D painted love lipstick to your lips using a lip brush. Kat has been spotted wearing red, raisin, neutral peach, pale pink or mauve pink lipstick. You can apply any of the above shade but make sure you define your lips using a lip brush.
- Tattoos: To complete the look you can draw tattoos on your face. Use a small black eye pencil and draw small stars around your left eye. To add a creative edge, on the right side of your neck draw a rose along with leaves.
Kat Von D makeup tutorial helps you to get the smoky eyes, defined eyebrows and tattooed sexy look like Kat.